Pages

Wednesday 8 October 2008

Love and Loss


Love and Loss are two of the most powerful themes in literature.

With Angelo Badalamenti's moving music as the soundtrack of my life these days, everything I read is coloured by his moods.

Half of a Yellow Sun, the amazing novel I am writing an article about at present, deals in depth with these themes. A quote that really got to me, that was agonizing to read, but at the same time immensely beautiful and poetic, was the following:

"Darkness descended on him, and when it lifted, he knew he would never see Kainene again and that his life would always be like a candlelit room; he would see things only in shadow, only in half glimpses".

This image really hits home with me.

We live as we dream -alone.

1 comment:

Animate-Me Dance Pro. said...

Wow, what can I say, there you are with literature and fancy words, I hope I will be able to keep up. We have been waiting. I love it.