Pages

Tuesday 14 October 2008

All Work and No Play

After a weekend in London with perhaps more pleasure than business, I return home to the ever-increasing mountain of responsibility that is my life these days. The London trip was SUPPOSED to be a business trip, with a side dish of pleasure, but the call of that city always gets the better of me, and I let myself be tempted again and again. However, even if my few days of fun has set me back a little in terms of my other responsibilities, I do not regret it.

So. Today has been my first day of proper work since I got back. In addition to the article I am writing for the CPS, I have a few other things piling up (or perhaps it is the article that is in fact piling up..?).
  • I was offered a translation job from Norwegian to English, a curriculum for an MA program in child and adolescent mental health. However, I only have 30 days to finish it, and I find I am having a lot of trouble doing it, seeing as they use numerous terms which I am not familiar with... I am starting to wonder if I am biting off more than I can chew.
  • My former professor has asked me to do an introduction in one of his courses on one of the novels I wrote my MA thesis on. Naturally I want to do it, but it means a little extra work, and yet a distraction from my article.
  • My former professor FURTHER has hinted in no uncertain terms that it be a good idea if I also use the time I have for my article to write a PhD proposal... Only problem is, I do not know what I would have liked to do a PhD on... So that would have to be figured out BEFORE I could WRITE the actual thing, which means even more reading...
  • I have to apply for my SA visa. Which means having to call the embassy, and then organize numerous papers... *sigh*
  • I have my volunteer obligations, which I fear will be what will have to suffer now that I am engaged in so many other things.
  • I have my job in the Bookshop which I also have to go to at least once a week.
  • To top it all, I have to get a new phone and sim-card since I lost mine in London.
  • Oh, and of course the fact that I am blogging heavily, both here and at the myspace...
*continues to chew, with the help of a little wine*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gotta get yaself a new phone, miss. We can't live like this ;)
And too bad you don't have any pics to show us from glorious London. What a joyous day it'll be when you get your memory card! :D