Pages

Thursday 24 May 2012

Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops by Jen Campbell

A gem for any bookseller, this fun collection of quotes from bookshops is, in Neil Gaiman's words "so funny... So sad"... This is the book I wish I'd written! I guess I still can. In fact, all bookshops should have a notebook behind the counter to record outrageous questions and comments from the customers -all due respect!

Hihi, here are some quotes from the book:

CUSTOMER: Do you stock Nigella Lawson under 'sex' or 'cookery'?
BOOKSELLER: It's a tough call, isn't it?
p. 56

CUSTOMER: Have you read every book in here?
BOOKSELLER: No, I can't say I have.
CUSTOMER: Well you're not very good at your job, are you?
p. 70

... And here's a recent experience from yours truly in EB Nicolway:

CUSTOMER: Can you tell me where the nearest bookshop is?
ME: ...You're standing in it...
May 2012

This is a must-read for all booksellers - and customers! Read it and weep:) 

2 comments:

Camilla said...

Den her MÅ æ bare få tak i! :)

Sigrid said...

Om d blir vanskeli kan æ sende en herfra :)