Pages

Saturday 21 May 2011

Jo Nesbø, a New York Times Bestseller!



Just read in today's Dagbladet that one of Norway's greatest writers of detective fiction, Jo Nesbø, is hitting the New York Times bestseller list with The Snowman. Apparently this book has sold more copies than Stieg Larsson's The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo . That's an impressive feat!

The Snowman is a solid piece of detective fiction, and thoroughly enjoyable and chilling. I myself do not read a lot of detective fiction, but Jo Nesbø is my first choice in this genre. Rumour has it that this title might become a movie soon. Exciting times!

A few months ago, Dagbladet reported that Jo Nesbø's book The Leopard topped the British list for Hardcover titles. I haven't read this book yet, but I hear it's brilliant.

In June this year, Nesbø's latest novel Gjenferd (Ghost?) is due for release in Norway. People are excited, to say the least. In my bookshop, people keep asking when it's due for release. Which reminds me that I should request a reading copy from the publisher so that I have a chance to read it!

Jo Nesbø, your international success is truly deserved. You raise the level of detective fiction globally.

No comments: